- Why is this medication prescribed?
Phentermine is used to assist patients in losing weight, by suppressing appetite and boosting energy levels. Combined with diet and exercise, these effects may speed up your metabolism, burning more fat, increasing weight loss.
- How should this medicine be used?
Phentermine is taken once daily, in the morning, by mouth in the form of a tablet pill. Phentermine is only available by prescription. Weight Loss MD only uses pharmaceutical grade medication from manufactures in the United States.
- How exactly does Phentermine work?
Phentermine has a primary effect on the hypothalamus, which is a part of the inner brain. The hypothalamus is the part of the brain that controls the autonomic nervous system, appetite, body temperature and sleep cycles. By affecting neurotransmitter re-uptake in this area of the brain, Phentermine effectively decreases appetite levels, suppressing the need to snack through-out the day. The decrease in appetite aids the weight loss process by far.
- What is the average weight loss I should expect to see in the program?
Patients will begin losing weight right away. The average recorded weight loss per patient is about 8-12 lbs. a month.*
**No healthcare provider can guarantee results for any patient**
- Is Phentermine the same as “Fen-Phen?
“Fen-Phen” was a nickname given to the weight loss drug combination of Fenfluramine and Phentermine, which were popular from about 1994 to 1997. Fenfluramine (also known as Pondomin) and the closely related Dexfenfluramine (Redux) were subsequently voluntarily removed from the U.S. market by their manufacturers, at the request of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) due to concerns about these drugs possibly damaging heart valves in some users of these medications.
Phentermine, used without Fenfluramine, was not found to be associated with this increased incidence of heart valve changes and, therefore, was allowed to remain on the U.S. market and has remained for over 40 years.
At our Weight Loss MD San Diego office, we offer Phentermine to jump start your weight loss journey and create a healthier lifestyle. The following are our qualifications and disqualifications for participating in our weight loss program. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email us at WLMDSD@outlook.com or call 619-573-9633.
Qualifications for Patients:
- BMI 25 or greater to get started
- BMI 24 or greater for refills
- Patients must be 18 years or older but no older than 65 years of age
- Patients must be seen by a provider every 6 months to remain in the program if getting Phentermine/Phendimetrazine
- Patients must see the provider every 12 months if they only qualify for the shots only program or choose shots only
- Blood Pressure must be under 150/90
Disqualifications for Patients:
- Patient is under 18 years of age or 65 years of age and older
- History of substance abuse or drug addiction rehabilitation in the past 2 years
- Bipolar Disorder or other psychological disorders
- Pregnant or breast-feeding
- Closed angle glaucoma or hyperthyroidism
- Blood pressure is equal or greater than 150/90
- Irregular heartbeat of any kind, high blood pressure, heart problems or history of stroke
- Currently taking a medication like Phentermine or within the same “family”
- Allergic to Phentermine or Phendimetrazine